Monday, October 10, 2005

Mondaze

Mental Note: Stop apologizing for not blogging in a while every time you blog.

It seems like these days I'm learning so much so fast but its taking a while for all that I'm learning to come together into focus and make a coherent picture. Perhaps that gives some measure into the depth of the things God is showing me right now. These last couple months have been challenging but I have a profound sense of gratitude toward God for taking me down this path.

This Monday had started like most do. My body is here doing work but my mind usually doesn't come into work till about noon. My mind met me for lunch today and hopefully I can convince it to keep me company for the rest of the afternoon. It seems like Mondays in particular, I feel more "ecclesiastical" than most days. By that I mean that I find a kindred spirit in Solomon as he endeavored in vain to find purpose in many of the things the world so passionately pursues. His conclusion in the end is that there is only God, nothing else under the sun matters.

Well thanks Solomon, that does me a whole hell of a lot of good as I sit at work motivating myself to write another TPS report. I'm not as jaded as I sound, I promise. But continuing Solomon's contemplation does seem like a worthy activity for the 90% of my brain I usually don't need during the day.

Forgive my candor but, much like David's psalms, feelings aren't always the truth but erring them goes a long way towards exposing them for what they are. As always, if you read this and my other thoughts on this page, you honor and encourage me by your patronage. Thanks.

3 comments :

Kevin Cieslukowski said...

your welcome

chezman

Anonymous said...

I do what I can, you know? Anything to help a brotha out.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU!