Monday, July 17, 2006

Adore

I don't have pages to write tonight but, sitting here listening to music and worshiping God, a very simple thought occurred to me. I find many people, especially in very recent conversations, with a very strong belief in God and a very adamant belief in Christian doctrine.

But very few times do I meet someone that simply adores God.

God is the most beautiful person I've ever met. His teachings are the best advice and guidance I've ever received. Jesus is the greatest man that ever lived and I wish I could be everything that he was. Loving, kind, caring, giving, joyful, funny, powerful but gentle.

I see a lot of people that believe stuff really strongly. I meet very few people that adore anything except themselves. And selfishness is a paltry form of adoration. As Christ followers, we can say that we adore someone so far beyond us and yet so close that he adores us more. Our God smiles when he sees us, he dances over us. He has celebrated every day that you've ever lived. I've never lacked a single thing. In every situation, he's provided for my needs and then more. So I know today, surer than anything else I know, that God rejoices over my joy.

I feel no need to be articulate tonight so much as to communicate how totally fixated I am on my Jesus, my God. Let my adoration be my testimony tonight.

No comments :