Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Slackers of the world UNITE!

It's fascinating to see how the world's philosophy of "more is better" is collapsing upon itself in so many different arenas at once. One huge example is definitely the workplace. Conventional wisdom would say that a person that works 80 hours a week or works on two projects is twice as productive and valuable as a person that works 40 hours a week on one project - maybe but maybe not. Check out this article I found on workplace productivity and creativity, its pretty good. Of course, I say that overwork affects more than just our creativity but that's another blog ;-) Enjoy!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Goodness...
That is surprising. I find that if I don't illuminate a little slack time in my day - everyday - that I become an odd fellow. This article...even though it has a little pseudo-liciousness in it, does hit the mark on a hidden reality.
Right now I am going to combine a little slack time and pillow face planting. I hope you get the opportunity, if need be, to do the same in the near future.

-Colbey